General Discussion

Stuff concerning Koz's Hedgerow Obsessive Disorder. ;)

General Discussion

Postby Koz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:10 pm

A forum for general discussions concerning the DWAC PAC.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Re: General Discussion

Postby Koz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Looking for opinions.

I am getting to the point that I am fairly certain both of the churches do not exist on the map.

La Mare has been described as a cluster of buildings in several reports. Several of which have mentioned other churches attacked.

La Carillion. Well a Carillion is one of those church bell instruments. So to me I can justify a church there barring contradictory evidence.

The major reason I put churches there though when I made the map. Aesthetics. I think the towns look a lot more interesting with a couple churches there, and the Lvl2 Steeple locations are desperately needed for LOS. In other words. I have nothing historically to confirm the churches there.

Were this not a HASL this would be no problem. But since it is, I can see the purists in a snit.

I think I am going to leave them in, and if the thing gets released and people shit themselves, I will tell them to "Send me historic maps of the towns and I will make historical overlays for them."

If I spoke French, lived on the European side of the pond, and could take a chunnel ride to the area to confirm locations on a weekend lark, I could fault myself for this laziness (it's not as if I have not spent numerous hours of net time searching for this info). But I am not in that position and am not going to get into too big a snit over it. It still bugs me though.

What are your thoughts?
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Keith Collins » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Koz,

Do you have VASL Maps?

That would greatly enhance my ability to playtest.
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby Koz » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:09 pm

The last one I have is the first one Dave made ages ago. Its since been updated RL but not VR.

I have the map file of course but have no idea how to switch it to VASL format.

I'd have no issues doing this if someone could show me how or where to go to learn the process.

I can also send you the small scenario sections via PDF. If you want the hard copies I have, I can pass em on at the meeting too.

Koz
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Koz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Just sent off 4 scenarios to MMP for play test. Chas said he would have them out at Winter offensive.

La Petite Ferme.
La Mare
Riposte Reprieve
Sunken Hopes.

I can only say. Boo-Yah! ;)

Koz
Koz
10-2
10-2

Return to DWAC PAC