Thanks for an Excellent uhm, err.

October 2009 Meet

Thanks for an Excellent uhm, err.

Postby Keith Collins » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Well fellas,

attendance was Keith. :cry:

Lessons learned,

I need to get everyones's phone numbers to be able to tell if maybe's are going to show.

I neet to get serious about learning the ASL Solitaire rules. :shock:

Putting a maybe on the attendance thread is only useful if you then update the attendance thread later say the morning of the meet (or close to it) to let folks know if you are in or out for sure. :idea:

Not sure if the low (none) Santa Fe turn out was because the Santa fe meet is a bad idea or if we just had a perfect storm of unavoidable no shows, illness, work, illness in family, etc. I'd be intrested to hear which is the case. :?:

I starting to wonder if we are still a going concern. 2 months in a row with no ASL meet. :?

I think a concerted effort (by all the membership) to get some of the old guard to start showing up occassionally and to recruit the occassional new player is going to be required to keep this club afloat.

Just my $.02
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Re: Thanks for an Excellent uhm, err.

Postby Koz » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:49 pm

In my case work dropped a last minute dog turd in my boot (Mandatory weekend meeting) and I had to put it on despite the squish.

Apologies for the no call. I got the message about 1:00 on Sat.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Dear Leader » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:08 pm

We actually had a meet in September with 3. Since Koz was recovering from a migraine and Lisa was the 4th player we opted for simpler, non-ASL material. We had quite a blast.

I guess the ultimate reality of game day is that it is what it is. Next month we are going to have a bunch of non-ASL attendees and so the ASL crowd will need to show up or risk further altering the fundamental nature of the meets.

On a more positive note, I've been talking with Jeff T from Texas--he's moving here in December. A 15-year ASL veteran should add some vigor to the meets.

D
Dear Leader
Dear Leader
Dear Leader

Postby Koz » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:01 pm

Dear Leader wrote:...Since Koz was recovering from a migraine...

Praise god, not a migrane. Just a horrible tension headache.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Return to October 2009 Meet