2010 Texas Team Tournament - June 24-27

2010 Events

2010 Texas Team Tournament - June 24-27

Postby ctasl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:17 am

Planning is well underway for the 18th Annual Texas Team Tournament. Building on the sucesses we've had for the past 17 years and the record turnout from last year, we are working hard toward providing you with the greatest ASL experience possible. We are making some adjustments to the team tourney this year that should spice up the competition and fun. Please continue to watch our webpage, www.texas-asl.com , for all of the upcoming details! Or better yet, plan now on making the trek to Austin to revel in 4 days of ASL nirvana and head to the Pre-Reg portion on the tournament pages of our website and get signed up today.

Remeber ours is an OPEN tournament. Play what you want with whomever you want, and as much as you want. There are already some folks gearing to play some Blood Reef Tarawa and I know of at least one playing of Bloody Red Beach that is going to be going on. So come and dive into something that you might not get the chance to otherwise.

We are working on hosting Ferocity Fest on Thursday of tourney week this year. For those that like their PTO brutal and deadly, don't miss this opportunity to get in on the fun. We will of course be featuring a scenario from the recently release Blood and Jungle at the very least, and maybe a classic thrown in for good measure. Stay Tuned!

We are also working with the good folks at Critical Hit to host another massive playing this year. With the recent release of Berlin II - Tyrant's Lair, Critical Hit is going to be sponsoring an all day playing of the main 14 turn scenario out of Berlin II. Plans now are to have 4 folks participate in the playing all day Thursday, and if there is enough interest we'll set up a second game of 4. And just like last year, at the end of the day, one of the four participants will walk away with the game courtesy of Critical Hit. Stay tuned for more details or visit the Minis page under the tourney section of Texas-ASL website.

We are also planning on some SK action on Saturday this year. So if you are into SK, come join in the fun not just on Saturday for the whole week!

Visit our webpage, www.texas-asl.com , and you can see the list of all of our tournament sponsors and visit them through the hotlinks we have set up through the tournament pages on the website. The website is being updated with all of the information for this year, so go ahead and make those plans to attend and line up that time off, there is no reason to wait. We've already received 12 pre-registrations with 5 months to go, so you're never too early!

Here are the details.

Texas ASL is proud to present:
The 18th Annual Texas Team Tournament
Austin, TX June 24-27, 2010

Thursday 9am - Sunday 8pm

The Texas Team Tournament returns to the La Quinta Round Rock just north of Austin

2004 North I-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Phone: (512)255-6666
Fax: (512)388-3635
AAA 3 Diamond Rating

4-Day Registration $36
3-Day (Fri-Sun) Registration $31
Saturday Only Registration $21
Room Rates (tax not incl): $68
You will need to contact the hotel directly to reserve your room.
Make sure to mention you are associated with the "Central Texas ASL Club" to get the reduced room rate

Rick
ctasl
6+1
6+1

Re: 2010 Texas Team Tournament - June 24-27

Postby Keith Collins » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Fellas,

I know we discussed going to this verbally at the last DWAC meet.

I looked into flights via Southwest and they were running $260+ for that weekend from Alb. Is anyone else considering going? If so, anyone willing to look at driving and splitting costs? It might be cheaper if enough of us go. The down side is that it's looking like a 10-12 hour ride per google.

It looks like Mr. Taylor may have already registered according to the Texas Team Tourney site.
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby jjtaylor37 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 pm

Yeah, that's me. I'm planning on flying Southwest. The drive just seems bit too long. May be able to split a room if my wife doesn't go along.
jjtaylor37
8-1
8-1

Postby Keith Collins » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Mr Taylor,

The $$ will most likely preclude me from going. Doesn't seem any other DWAC'ers are intrested in possibly driving. I can certainly understand with the time involved. Ahh well, I'll get to a tourney one of these days.

I'll have to live vicariously thru your stories at our July DWAC meet. Hope you have a blast!
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby ctasl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 am

Would love to see some of you folks make an appearance in Austin along with Jeff, but understand the distance factor. In any case, I'll make my pitch anyway... :D

Just about 3 months out, so make those plans to attend.

Remember that the Texas Team Tourament is an OPEN tournament. Play what you want with whomever you want, and as much as you want. There are already some folks gearing to play some BRT and I know of at least one playing of Bloody Red Beach that is going to be going on. So come and dive into something that you might not get the chance to otherwise.

We've heard from the hotel that the last day to receive the reduced room rate is June 10th, just 3 months from today. We've got room blocks set up for King sized and double bed rooms, so if you have a preference, get those reservations in early.

Details around the Thursday minis are also firming up. One of the minis on Thursday features the recent Critical Hit release of Berlin II - Tyrant's Lair. Critical Hit is going to be sponsoring an all day playing of the 11.5 turn scenario "Breaking Berlin" out of this pack. This promises the be a big, bloody affair with Russian forces featuring 56 squads, 5 armor leaders, 6 IS-2s in addition to other AFVs, flamethrower tanks, Guns, OBA, and the Germans defending with 41 squads, SS, Tigers, armor leaders, Psks galore, wire, roadblocks, OBA, to name just some of each sides' OB, all fought on a beautiful Charlie Kibler (RB fame) designed HASL map. This promises to be quite an experience with plenty of action for both sides. Plans now are to have 4 folks participate in the playing all day Thursday, and if there is enough interest we'll set up a second game of 4. And just like last year, at the end of the day, one of the four participants will walk away with the game courtesy of Critical Hit.

The other mini on Thursday will be featuring Ferocity Fest. For those that like their PTO brutal and deadly, don't miss this opportunity to get in on the fun. We will be featuring BFP58 San Manuel Melee out of Bounding Fire's Blood and Jungle for the scenario this year. Remember in Ferocity Fest you are competing against your fellow Allied or Axis players for the most points awarded for various actions and activities over the course of the scenario. We award prizes to the highest point total for each side. This scenario features plenty of squads and armor for both sides, Guns, Set DCs, flamethrowers, armor leaders, everything that makes PTO great, as the Americans attempt to wrest San Manuel from the Japanese. It should be a blast.

We are still working on the details for the ASLSK mini for Saturday. More details will coming on that shortly. If you are into SK, make sure to come not only on Saturday, but for the whole tourney.

Finally, the specifics for attending

The 18th Annual Texas Team Tournament
Austin, TX June 24-27, 2010

Thursday 9am - Sunday 8pm

The Texas Team Tournament returns to the La Quinta Round Rock just north of Austin

2004 North I-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Phone: (512)255-6666
Fax: (512)388-3635
AAA 3 Diamond Rating

4-Day Registration $36
3-Day (Fri-Sun) Registration $31
Saturday Only Registration $21
Room Rates (tax not incl): $68
You will need to contact the hotel directly to reserve your room.
Make sure to mention you are associated with the "Central Texas ASL Club" to get the reduced room rate

Rick
ctasl
6+1
6+1

Return to 2010 Events