Scenario Choices

March 2010 Meet

Re: Scenario Choices

Postby Keith Collins » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Jeff,

I have a slight preference to play the Professionals, and (I'm assuming here) given that we look to have a larger meet attendance wise you might want to play one of the DWAC'ers you haven't met/played yet. So, if one of the other fellas is willing to playtest the Bulge stuff lets plan on you playing them (if that's OK with you), If you get no takers I'll do the Bulge with you.

With this plan in place logistically it makes sense (unless you object) to you taking the defense and setting up as soon as you get to the meet. Your opponent (myself/or whomever) will then be determined and set up the Attack.

Randy,

Can you e-mail the bulge scenario you want playtested to Jeff and I? And perhaps offer some scenario highlights regarding rules sections used? AFV's? SS? any Ground Snow? etc?

So if no one else takes up the challange to play Jeff, you'll be on your own to find an opponent for the Professionals or perhaps one of the 3 player scenarios.

Everyone else,

Anyone want to take on Jeff in the Battle of the Bulge playtest?
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby JD Sullivan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Keith Collins wrote:Jeff,

I have a slight preference to play the Professionals, and (I'm assuming here) given that we look to have a larger meet attendance wise you might want to play one of the DWAC'ers you haven't met/played yet. So, if one of the other fellas is willing to playtest the Bulge stuff lets plan on you playing them (if that's OK with you), If you get no takers I'll do the Bulge with you.

With this plan in place logistically it makes sense (unless you object) to you taking the defense and setting up as soon as you get to the meet. Your opponent (myself/or whomever) will then be determined and set up the Attack.

Randy,

Can you e-mail the bulge scenario you want playtested to Jeff and I? And perhaps offer some scenario highlights regarding rules sections used? AFV's? SS? any Ground Snow? etc?

So if no one else takes up the challange to play Jeff, you'll be on your own to find an opponent for the Professionals or perhaps one of the 3 player scenarios.

Everyone else,

Anyone want to take on Jeff in the Battle of the Bulge playtest?

I guess "Johnny-come-lately" will 'volunteer' to playtest. Panthers and Shermans and Bazookas oh my?
JD Sullivan
8-1
8-1

Postby Randym » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Keith,

Just sent you 2 scenarios. Could you forward to Jeff? I do not have an email for him.

The 2 scenarios are:

The Damned Engineers 6, Smokin' Barrels.
SW of Stavelot, December 19, 1944. The US forces are attacked by leading elements of KG Knittel, coming back from La Gleize to retake Stavelot. Ground snow, roads not plowed, each side has OBA.

The Damned Engineers 7, Les Rochettes Redux
Two hours later, Knittel tries a flanking attack on the same US positions. This time the Krauts have some SS engineers, HT's, Pumas, and more squads. The US gets reinforced with another company. Ground snow, roads not plowed. Both sides have OBA.

Each scenario has 6 turns, and VC's are based on control of buildings or exiting units.

In each the Germans are attacking and have SS units. The US infantry is really good, and they have stronger OBA.
Randym
9-1
9-1

Postby Keith Collins » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Randy,

Scenarios sent to JD via e-mail.

Scenarios sent to Jeff via e-mail.
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Previous

Return to March 2010 Meet