Lessons Learned?

Postby Dear Leader » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Lessons Learned?
Dear Leader
Dear Leader
Dear Leader

Re: Lessons Learned?

Postby Randym » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Jeff and I played the Journal 9 playtest scenario that Steve and I did last meet. This time I was the Russians. You can see last month for more details.

I learned that flamethrowers make awesome AT weapons, as my Russian tincan found out while trying to get at his routed guys. ATRs are not that good (no surprise, just reinforced as I couldn't make even the best shot count - side shot, close range). Now, the Russian 76L makes a great AT weapon, bye-bye Italian tankette. Both the FT and the 76L are good for clearing out a wooden building at close range.

If Italians roll lots of 11's, they have lots of malfed weapons/MA
Randym
9-1
9-1

Postby drchilds » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Just an FYI folks, Operations SI #3 became available today. It includes the "missing" Matanikau map from "Operation Watchtower", 5 scenarios to use with the map, and 2 new ASLSK scenarios, in addition to some great new games and support for others in the MMP stable. http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Opera ... ps-si3.php
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby Keith Collins » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:33 pm

I learned that the Freedom loving people of the ASL world make better equipment.

In my last few games I've malfed a ton of Japanese SW's and Ordinance, my 2 German AT guns and in this last scenaro one of my 2 T-34 85's malfed it's MA on the very first shot of the game and permanately broke it on the first repair roll.

Long live the union workers of our ASL capitalist combatants. My Brit and good ole USA made gear never breaks.
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby Randym » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:49 am

No kidding - ask Jeff about Italian breakdowns - three tanks had malf'ed MA and one lmg malf'ed/elim as well.
Randym
9-1
9-1

Return to August 2010 Meet