Operational Combat Series Splinter Group

Postby drchilds » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Splitters!
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Re: Operational Combat Series Splinter Group

Postby drchilds » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Okay, we're talking about playing some OCS up in Santa Fe sometime in June/July. Randy has said that any Sunday is good. Jeff, Keith, and Denis are also down for it. I'm thinking that *after* father's day is good. I really would rather not have to subject you to my bored kids. Maybe the 3rd of July?

First scenario is from Case Blue... "Drive for the Oil Fields".

OCS series rules downloads and charts are here: http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/ocs.htm

Case Blue everything is here: http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/ ... seblue.htm
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby Randym » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:08 am

Almost any Sunday, except for the 4th of July weekend - will be in Denver for a wedding.

Drive for Oil looks like a good scenario. 5 maps, but that is deceiving. The NE map is barren, and it is a long way to Astrakhan, with no point since the victory conditions make the Germans drive south, not east. That map space can house the homemade TRC and extra counters. The SE map (Grozny) would only come into play about mid-game, so it won't see much action except as a Soviet backfield with reinforcements and supply moving through. Map F (Crimea) can be left out, as per the "short sheet" instructions. That leave 2 full maps to manuever, from Rostov south towards Krasnodar and Tuapse - 2 of the 3 victory objectives. Of course, we can lay out all 4 or 5 maps for effect. 8-)
Randym
9-1
9-1

Postby jjtaylor37 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Most any Sunday is good for me this Summer. I'm a bit rusty so I'll have to break out the rulebooks for a refresher.
jjtaylor37
8-1
8-1

Postby drchilds » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 am

So the 5 CB maps come out to 8'5" x 3'8"... without the Crimea it's 5'8" x 3'8"

Keith, if we do this at your folks' place, do you have a table that works? I think i do if not.
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby Keith Collins » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:12 pm

It can work for me on a Sunday, my caveats: The more advance notice I have the better. Late July is ideal.

I'm off to banking school in sunny Las Cruses starting 6/10 not back until 6/22. so I'll have time to puruse the rules links and such.

Won't be able to measure tables at my folks place until after 6/22, but I'm 90%+ sure two of the tables their butted together could handle it. (they have plenty of tables of all the same size).

We can leave it up (if we want) most likely until late fall
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby Koz » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

I snagged the rules from online and read an AAR on the Tunisia campaign. I am thinking of grabbing the Burma and the Baltic one on the MMP site.

Keep me appraised of this. I'd like to play I think, though it would probably be a good idea for a training class or a meet with someone for a single session before we jump into some huge scenario.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Randym » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:31 am

Received my copy of GB2 last week, and have 2/3 of the counters cut and organized. Haven't looked too closely at the smaller or mid-sized scenarios, but there appear to be some really playable ones here, too.

I have Drive for Oil sorted and will be bagging it for easy setup. I agree with Koz that a teaching session would be a good start.
Randym
9-1
9-1

Postby Randym » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 am

Sundays are open for me for an OCS session. I have Case Blue scenarios sorted and bagged, and Guderians Blitzkreig 2 punched as well.
Randym
9-1
9-1

Return to 2011 Events