Thanks for an excellent outing

October 2011 Meet

Thanks for an excellent outing

Postby Randym » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Attending were Keith, Koz, Jeff, Joe, Brian, and Randy. Jeff and I took the Japanese defense in Hell or HighWater, while Koz and Brian stormed ashore as the US Marines. Keith and Joe played An Unusual Occurance (Scenario 83?). The beach landing game actually completed 7 of the 10 turns - pretty impressive. :D Ares also had other games going on, including Command Decision and Flames of War miniatures, a mega-game of Carcasonne, and the usual Magic cards. Both Koz and I took photos, which we will send along to Dave to post.
Randym
9-1
9-1

Re: Thanks for an excellent outing

Postby grognard69 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Had a great time storming the beaches. Didn't have any swamping issues, but did get hosed once on the beach, but only 1 LC out of the 5. Was a good game though, made a few mistakes but that is expected with trying to clear the cobwebs, i.e. I totally blew an APH shot with a FT, what a dumb bunny I was! In hindsight, I should have made a few more deployments of HS and started running thru the Kunai once I was embarked on the beach. We called it three turns early, 7 of 10, but I think Randy and Jeff still had things in hand, I probably coulda cleaned up the HMG and might have blindly found the 75 INF gun, but those mortars would have shredded me once I hit the tree line. Oh well it was still good fun. My first team play in over 10 years!
grognard69
8-1
8-1

Re: Thanks for an excellent outing

Postby Koz » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:07 am

Had a fun time playing "Hell or High water" with Brian, facing Randy and Jeff, on a massive bug hunt. I got ravaged on the surf line, swamping 3 boats I think it was, then Jeff went on a rampage rolling 3's on my exposed stacks in the water or on the beach picking off the 10-3 in the process. I am glad I passed the 3MC personal morale check as once ashore I did manage to make amazing progress CCing something like 5 Bunkers and had a blast doing it. Unfortunately loosing 9 equivalent squads on the beach (Automatic CR HURTS!) had me spread out something awful, half my squads searching through regions which ultimately had no Japanese, and the rest inadequate in force to defeat the real Japanese that were concentrated in that big open area in the middle with the long LOS to the beach. I think I would have made a good demonstration to fix Jeff's forces on my half of the map, but the ultimate push would have had to be on Brian's side so barring the Bell curve coming back to help us with crazy rolls, I think Randy and Jeff had the game well in hand.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Return to October 2011 Meet