Open Discussion Regarding Venue & Time

2012 Events

Re: Open Discussion Regarding Venue & Time

Postby grognard69 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Gents,

I am open to just about anything to be honest. In the hey day I was commuting from San Diego to LA about once a month to play weekends with Kent Smoak and Mark Neukom and the rest of the guys out West.

1. I don't have a problem with ARES or any other location for that matter. (I just wanna play)
2. Wish there was more than a 6 hour window at times, small scenarios fit, but agree with DR how many do we finish? (I just wanna play)
3. Opponents/Scenarios/Kit Pull - Agree with Keith on this one, we waste some time matching opponents/scenarios. (I just wanna play)
4. I second the motion for potential mini-con like events! Perfect for weekend manageable HASL Campaign. (I just wanna play)

In short, since I have been reborn as a carboard pushing Staff Officer, it really doesn't matter with me where we play, what we play or who we play. I just wanna play. Of course I have family obligations like the rest of you, but feel pretty comfortable that with some advance notice I should be able to play a lot more in the coming year.

Brian
grognard69
8-1
8-1

Postby grognard69 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Sorry for such a short notice, but is anyone wanting to play this coming weekend, 28th? I can host or travel. If someone has an itch, please PM or post here or email bdward1969@gmail.com.

Brian
grognard69
8-1
8-1

Postby Keith Collins » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:54 pm

So, DR, did you get the info you wanted when you started this thread?

What I've gotten out of it is (please pipe in if I've misconstrued something):

1. Folks are ok with Ares as a venue
2. Folks share your frustatration with not being able to finish scenarios. (components of this are)
Limited play time (due to venue limitations, Saturday obligations),
Lack of DWAC'er premeet organization
Late arrivals at the meets
3. Some of the Alq folks are OK with the occassional SF meet. (none have voiced oppostion).
4. Several DWAC'ers are for an ASL weekend of some sort.

Did I miss something?
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby grognard69 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Keith forgot to include:

BRIAN JUST WANTS TO PLAY! :twisted:
grognard69
8-1
8-1

Postby Koz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 am

Keiths's summary neatly calls it. I personally am open for whatever is the final call.

The preplanning is hard for me as I never know until Friday before if work is going to need me on Saturday. I try not to commit myself because I know that there is a very large chance that I will hang the pre planned opponent out to dry and then they may be stuck as the odd man out in the meet.

Venues...Spinns reopened in a smaller venue in the same area. I could check their open time. Active Imagination is back up and running in their old location. I have been thinking we should try a meet or two there to expose the club to a different group of people. There is a new game shop on Coors down the road in those shopping complexes where Spinns was. I dont know their opening time but it may be earlier. I can also check the community centers times across my street, but I would have to be the person reserving it and with my erratic schedule I may not be able to be there to claim the reservation.

I like the idea of the 2nd Saturdays being in Santa Fe. Easy to remember when.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby jjtaylor37 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:49 pm

I don't mind driving to Sante Fe as you guys are always making the roadtrip to ABQ. We should at least have them in Sante Fe 3-6 times a year.

I strongly suggest prearranging matchups and scenarios prior to game day. It saves a bunch of time. We did it in Texas, and they generally played from 10AM to early evening. Games were rarely left unfinished.

An ASL weekend sounds pretty cool to me.
jjtaylor37
8-1
8-1

Previous

Return to 2012 Events