Thanks for a great meet

September 2013 DWAC Meet

Thanks for a great meet

Postby Keith Collins » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:50 pm

We had 6 attendees.

Thanks to all who came.
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Re: Thanks for a great meet

Postby drchilds » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm

Sleep well! :)
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby drchilds » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:08 pm

What a great time. Thanks to attendees Quentin, Denis, Brian, Randy, and especially thanks to Keith for hosting. 3AM is too late for me to be useful the next day, that's for sure. Sorry about that :) I drove home and pretty much went to sleep for a few hours. Hope the playtests went well!

I sincerely hope we can make something like this a regular thing. This is our Bunker Bash, not-Oktoberfest, and ASL MeatFest!
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby dgdimick » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Guys Qman and I had a great time. Randy thanks again for the Star Wars game. I'll be ordering about $200 more addons next week.

We need to do this at least twice a year.

Keith, thanks for putting us up and hosting.
dgdimick
Co-founder
Co-founder

Postby Keith Collins » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:53 pm

I had a great time,

I really enjoyed playing Q-man in Blood Bowl.

Lessons Learned:

The great HEAT debate. The German 37L does not have HEAT until 1942 (May IIRC). It's not on the counter or in the Ordinance notes, It's in the Heat rules section in chapter C.

The KGP maps I have while looking fun are really hard to play on because the colors change from map sheet to map sheet and there is little to no difference in the colors from one level to the next in some spots. It made it a bear for Randy and I to play our KGP 11 and contributed greatly to our bailing on the scenario. Too bad I really want to play on those maps.

Tigers and Panthers are hit/kill machines. I should use more smoke. I like slopes, they add a new dimension to hills. The barb wire fences as implemented in KGP suck. You should be able to create a breach or clear them.

Calvary is fun in small scenarios where there is not a lot of firepower to do them in with the -2 mod. Deploy, deploy, deploy, when using calvary. I'm not a fan of how infantry overrun is set up in the rules, it's to hard to do. x2 MF to move into the hex, only if you can pass a TC modified by adding the terrain mod to the TC. I think it should be either an unmodified TC or x2 MF. I mean cripes, we are talking about 1 guy holding off a squad+

Had a ton of fun, I actually counted counters in a game for a change.
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Return to September 2013 Meet