Scenario Choices

September 2013 DWAC Meet

Re: Scenario Choices

Postby Keith Collins » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:32 pm

I pulled KGP11
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby Randym » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:29 pm

I just cannot decide. I will probably there Saturday around 11 )maybe earlier if I can get stuff squared away on Friday).

I would be up for KGP. ABTF, or Red Barricades. Or something else if someone is so inclined.
Randym
9-1
9-1

Postby drchilds » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Some of us, if not all will have Rising Sun. G-T on the new map is damn tempting.
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby Keith Collins » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:47 am

I highly recommend GT.

It is the ASL experience I think most closely simulates the tension of a PTO landing.

Plus lots o' Crome.

As an added bonus there will be a GT map with extra large hexes available for those who want to try it.
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby grognard69 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:13 am

DR,

I could not agree with you more how about how good and tempting GT looks! Here are the things I will prepare for this upcoming weekend.

- I will review/bone up on ABtF, wasn't sure which one you wanted to do; The Prize or God Save the King.

- I do not have Annual 97.....damn, thought I had this one. I am looking at Nphum Ga on VASL though; Maggot Hill.

- I am lovingly pouring over RS and GT looks really really nice.

I do not really have an order of preference, if there still is a hard push for KGP, I will review that as well, LV and slope is pretty much what I need to review there. I will plan on bringing the grill, extra chairs, desk lamp and my rules/counters. At this moment I anticipate being in SF around 10am or so however I will be on the bubble for Sunday activities, might need to be back in ABQ sunday by 11am, still working logistics on that one and not sure how that will work out. However I have no issues going late late into Saturday night.

Brian
grognard69
8-1
8-1

Postby drchilds » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Brian,

If you're my dance partner for Saturday, then I'd say let's go for Maggot Hill, unless you think you'll be able to hang on Sunday. If there's something you'd rather play, let me know.

DR
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby grognard69 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:11 am

DR,

Maggot Hill sounds fine to me. I have a couple questions with regards to the SSRs. The bombardment is pretty straight forward, however I am not sure I completely understand the rule with regards to the radio. Does the possessing leader act as adjacent spotter for ANY one 81mm set up on board or does it apply to ALL of the OB given 81mm. So to clarify, IF all 3 81mm mortars were to set up in the same hex, could they ALL 3 fire as spotted by the leader, no matter where on the board his is? IF the 81mm mortars set up in separate locations, I assume the directed fire rule would only apply to one 81mm mortar and not all 3 in a given fire phase? So realizing I do not have Annual 97, I have never seen this scenario or any scenario on Nphum Ga since I obviously don't have the map, but thanks to the wonderful world of VASL I can look at it at least.

Brian
grognard69
8-1
8-1

Postby drchilds » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey Brian... ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASL-Annual-97-N ... 46127adaf9

As far as I know, that SSR simply means that given radio contact, you can act as a spotter for a shot from any of those MTR, within the normal spotter rules.
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby grognard69 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:18 pm

DR,

Saw the Annual on Ebay but not sure I wanna pay that kinda money for the annual and map. Extremely steep indeed. If it was a fair price I would not have an issue with it.

Ok so the radio contact rule applies to ALL 81mm no matter where they setup? I was just a bit skeptical on that observation, unless of course all mortars were in same hex, then I could see the validation, etc. Thanks for the quick reply.

Brian
grognard69
8-1
8-1

Previous

Return to September 2013 Meet