General Questions: Rules etc

DWAC Meets etc for 2014

Re: General Questions: Rules etc

Postby Scott G » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Can a squad or half squad that is guarding prisoners gain concealment? If so, are the prisoner's also concealed?
Scott G
8-1
8-1

Postby Scott G » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Another question:

Suppose there is a stack with a broken 9-2 leader, broken 4-6-8 squad (8 morale on broken side) and broken 4-6-7 squad (7 morale on broken side). The stack is fired on and must undergo a MC. The broken 9-2 leader rolls a 10 and suffers casualty reduction which wounds him and requires him to take a wound severity check. At the moment he becomes wounded, the 9-2 loses both a morale level and a leadership modifier so with a wound counter on top, he is now effectively an 8-1. Lets further assume that when you make the wound severity dr -- a 6 is rolled and the leader's wound is fatal and he is eliminated. Also assume the two broken squads both passed the original MC. So here is my question: What is required of those two squads in terms of an LLMC in this instance? Was it a 9-2 leader that was eliminated or an 8-1? I am thinking that the wound takes effect instantly and he was therefore an 8-1 when eliminated which would mean the 4-6-8 ignores the LLMC and the 4-6-7 takes a 1LLMC? Am I correct? OR -- does one assume the fatal wounding all takes place simultaneously and therefor it was a 9-2 that was eliminated and both squads take a 2LLMC???
Scott G
8-1
8-1

Postby Keith Collins » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Scott G wrote:Can a squad or half squad that is guarding prisoners gain concealment? If so, are the prisoner's also concealed?

Have always played they could. My quick rules dive could find no reason the guards could not claim concealment. I did not find any suppurt for the prisoners to claim concealment. Although IIRC threr is a rule passage to the effect of "prisoners share the ? Status of their guards. Dammed if I can fined it now.

There is a Perry sez that supports prisoners sharing ? Status of their guard.

Just looked over the posts on Consimworld forum, relating to this from 2009

Wayne Hadady posted the following Perry Sez there on 20 April 2009. The post # in that forum is #36870. I can't work out how to post it as a link, so maybe someone else could do that

Q: Can the LOS of a Prisoner, under Guard by the opponent (be that Guard piece Good Order or not) be used/cited so as to deny concealment gain to that Guard and/or to other opponent pieces in LOS of that Prisoner piece?

A: Prisoners do not deny "?".

Q: Assuming the Guard can gain Concealment, does the Prisoner gain it too?

A: The prisoner will share the "?" status of its Guard.

....Perry
MMP
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby Keith Collins » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:28 pm

Scott G wrote:Another question:

Suppose there is a stack with a broken 9-2 leader, broken 4-6-8 squad (8 morale on broken side) and broken 4-6-7 squad (7 morale on broken side). The stack is fired on and must undergo a MC. The broken 9-2 leader rolls a 10 and suffers casualty reduction which wounds him and requires him to take a wound severity check. At the moment he becomes wounded, the 9-2 loses both a morale level and a leadership modifier so with a wound counter on top, he is now effectively an 8-1. Lets further assume that when you make the wound severity dr -- a 6 is rolled and the leader's wound is fatal and he is eliminated. Also assume the two broken squads both passed the original MC. So here is my question: What is required of those two squads in terms of an LLMC in this instance? Was it a 9-2 leader that was eliminated or an 8-1? I am thinking that the wound takes effect instantly and he was therefore an 8-1 when eliminated which would mean the 4-6-8 ignores the LLMC and the 4-6-7 takes a 1LLMC? Am I correct? OR -- does one assume the fatal wounding all takes place simultaneously and therefor it was a 9-2 that was eliminated and both squads take a 2LLMC???

I see wounding as either fatal or non fatal (with resulting reduction in stats), thus you would take the LLMC

Also A17.11 says you make an immediate wound severity dr, I don't think you get time to have reduced stats if you roll a 5-6 on the severity dr. You suffer KIA right away.

Thus in your example a 9-2 was eliminated :o
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby Scott G » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:53 am

Thanks Keith!
Scott G
8-1
8-1

Postby Scott G » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Can I get a quick confirmation on a couple of things:

1. -- if a broken leader rolls a 2 on a self rally attempt -- he DOES NOT get HOB.

2. -- Smoke hindrance value in a blaze hex is 3 -- correct? What about in the 3 downwind hexes -- 2 or 3?

3. -- you can place a second squad smoke counter in a hex to get the hindrance level up to 3 -- but if you are trying to place from an adjacent hex, does it still just cost two MPs -- or do you have to pay a 3rd MP because of the smoke?
Scott G
8-1
8-1

Postby Keith Collins » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:17 am

Scott G wrote:1. -- if a broken leader rolls a 2 on a self rally attempt -- he DOES NOT get HOB.

2. -- Smoke hindrance value in a blaze hex is 3 -- correct? What about in the 3 downwind hexes -- 2 or 3?

3. -- you can place a second squad smoke counter in a hex to get the hindrance level up to 3 -- but if you are trying to place from an adjacent hex, does it still just cost two MPs -- or do you have to pay a 3rd MP because of the smoke?

1 No HOB on Self Rally.

2. Terrain Blaze = +3 Hindrance, Wreck Blaze = +2 Hindrance. Down wind hexes Hindrance is = to Hindrance of source but marked with a gray counter (source marked with white counter or blaze as appropriate)

3. Placing smoke in adjacent hex by infantry costs 2 MF (not COT of terrain in adjacent hex).
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby Scott G » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:35 pm

Another smoke question. I thought I remembered that you can not place smoke grenades during gusts -- but I can't find anything to confirm that. B25.651 talks about them removing dispersed smoke -- but I don't see anything there or in A24.1 that prohibits their use???
Scott G
8-1
8-1

Postby Keith Collins » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:04 pm

Found nothing in ASLRB to forbid smoke gernades during gusts. Forum search supports smoke gernades OK during gusts.

Smoke em if you got em!
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby Scott G » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:28 pm

Thanks for confirming Keith!
Scott G
8-1
8-1

PreviousNext

Return to 2014 Events