Scenario Choices

Postby Dear Leader » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Scenario Choices
Dear Leader
Dear Leader
Dear Leader

Re: Scenario Choices

Postby drchilds » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Hey Koz... expect an e-mail from Chas. I gave him both addresses I had for you.

~DR
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby Koz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Got it. I owe you a dinner next time you are in town.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Koz » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Off topic here. Does anyone know if the Tactiques Hedgerow overlays are out for VASL? I am doing a nightmare of overlays in these Geomorphic board setups for DWAC pac (Damn them for putting those hills on board 55) And if I am going to self playtest these things I need VASL versions.

I am considering custom overlays. What a bloody mess... "Counterattack" has 20 overlays on it to blot out the hills.

What are thoughts on using double board 54's?

DR. Am I allowed to mention why my sudden obsessive compulsive interest?
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Koz » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:39 am

Cut down the number of overlays by changing board arrangements and play areas (Now at a manageable 4 overlays). I am still looking for the Hd overlays for VASL though. Found a PDF to make them physically.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Koz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:22 pm

I just got approval from Chas that this is not on the QT so I can post it.

MMP is interested in publishing the Hedgerow map. =)

Be warned. I will be on overdrive to beg for play testing. =D

The "Bloody Nose" scenario has not been tested since the first time I brought the map to Spinns and Scott and I pushed some pieces about. This one looks like a one sitting scenario, though its got a little of everything in it. This is the one I would push as first look.

Playtest of any of the other ones would be welcome of course. I am working on some non map scenarios in the arc that use standard boards, but those would be limited to non meet plays, or if I cant show up with the map, as they are doable any time.

Needless to say I am pumped. =)
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby grognard69 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Sweet! I am in Koz! What ever you need! Willing to play either side whenever! On another note I just got Suicide creek, Journal 8 and Primosole Bridge, Journal 6. Both look nice and tempting!

Brian
grognard69
8-1
8-1

Postby Randym » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Great news, Koz.

A question ... why working on non-HASL scenarios? With all the official and unofficial stuff, there are lots of bocage scenarios already. I really like your HASL ones - but more geo map stuff is not really a turn on. :twisted: Perhaps a smaller HASL map?

BTW, asking for help on Game Squid is like asking for a punch in the groin ... there are soo many a-holes there willing to take a swing. Since most of the non-HASL stuff is based on little more research than an Osprey book, whatever they published in 5.2 is probably junk based on no-source material anyway. Heck, even the good stuff in FFP and Schwerpunckt is mostly made up, too. :roll:

Case in point: A recent FFP scenario on Poland 1939 duplicates what I have been working on. The two sources listed are ridiculous. One source is a fictional account published in a German language neo-nazi rag, and the other is a book that contains absolutely nothing on the battle itself. And yes, I have both sources for comparison. The geo map is all wrong, and the OB is just made up. Yet these guys get kudos for their design. So, I would go with what you know, and screw the rest.
Randym
9-1
9-1

Postby Koz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Yeah. I was just curious as to how the designers handled La Mouffe. Was actually subtly hoping someone had an SSR or a copy of the scenario sheet I could look at. The answers were not entirely helpful, but they at least got me steering back to just doing the scenarios, make them fun, and to hell with the historical accuracy. What you just said cemented the decision.

As for the standard board scenarios, they are back burner behind the main map. I have just been reading a lot on the area and have wanted to get a flavor battle for the area. Plus I have done all I can do on the main map scenarios without play test so I am directing the creativity bug elsewhere. :)

A mini HASL map would be great too (La Mouffe, St Giles and the Counterattack scenario all fall in the 4 mile stretch between La Mouffe and La Petite Ferme) but I have nothing to go by unless I invent stuff up whole cloth. Google maps is not helpful as they whole area has been chain sawed down for modern practices, that that wasn't chain sawed down to make allied landing fields that is. I dont have time to go try and get a hold of pre war aerial photos and I dont speak French. I would love to do the mini HASL stuff, and had I the opportunity I would in a heart beat, but I dont have the Real maps. :P
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Koz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:10 pm

grognard69 wrote:Sweet! I am in Koz! What ever you need! Willing to play either side whenever! On another note I just got Suicide creek, Journal 8 and Primosole Bridge, Journal 6. Both look nice and tempting!

Brian

I need to pick those up. I had hoped Ares would get a MMP distribution gig so I could support them, but I am falling behind on my purchases and if I dont spread em out it will put a hole in the bank. :)

Is anyone else up for Bloody Nose? I will play of course, but Its nice to have other inputs. Plus I can help test Randys map or something else. (For obvious reasons I am a little burnt out on bocage.) ;)
Koz
10-2
10-2

Next

Return to January 2012 Meet