Scenario Choices

Postby Dear Leader » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Scenario Choices?
Dear Leader
Dear Leader
Dear Leader

Re: Scenario Choices

Postby drchilds » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Post-meet, Denis and I discussed playing a contested landing. Naturally, he will play the part of his beloved Corps. Finally. An Amphib. Assault has been on my list to play for quite some time.

Any suggestions?
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby Keith Collins » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:55 pm

Bloody Red Beach.

I don't know of many that would be small enough to likely finish in a DWAC meet time frame. Especially if just learning the rules. If you and Denis are willing perhaps we go for a theme or clinic meet and discuss the landing rules and then team play a scenario or break up into multiple groups playing various landing scenarios.

I know I'd be up for doing another landing scenairo. I've only done the G & T campaign game about half way thru. John and I were playing it via VASL when he passed.

Come to think of it some of the G&T scenarios might be small enough to play all/most of the way thru in a DWAC meet.
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Postby drchilds » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Sure, sounds good to me. Caves AND landing? If only it were night too! :D

I love using ALL the rules!

Sh*t, I wonder if I could come up with a Peleliu scenario in time on my HASL map... :geek:
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby Koz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:28 pm

I am all for a Beach landing meet. I have wanted to do one of those for ages.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Koz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:38 pm

If the beach landing thing does not go, I am really wanting to take another try at Le Carillon. That is the one with the tank assault over the open ground. It was seriously broken last time, but I also remember Keith couldn't make a smoke roll to save his life and ended up getting all his smoke via burning wrecks.

Honestly the rest of the scenario (The fight through the woods, bocage layer, then clearing the town) does not have to be played. I am mostly interested in getting the opening assault across the open ground balanced. The US starts with 3 Shermans and 2 M-10s. I am hoping for two to survive to help with the town assault. I removed the Pak 40 and have 3 x Pak 38's now. THe Shermans now have a chance to survive a frontal shot now, unlike the 40. Small chance but not the definate kill, just find out if it burns or not.

Anyhow. If anyone wants to try to sort out this puppy I would be appreciative.
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby drchilds » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:50 am

Just an FYI guys:

Folks, the WO pack (two scenarios and more importantly SK-style Board #59) is once again available. Portion of the proceeds go to the fight against Lou Gehrig's Disease or ALS.

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/ASL/prodwo10.php

Doomed Battalions, 3rd Ed is also now available for general purchase. You know you want it.

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/ASL/proddb.php
drchilds
10-2
10-2

Postby jjtaylor37 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:46 am

Just got J8 in the mail the other day. Very nice product. Would like to play a scenario from it next game day if possible. Already have WO pack and Doomed Battalions on order and looking forward to both.
jjtaylor37
8-1
8-1

Postby Koz » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Any decisions on the Beach landing theme for the meet?

If so I need to get the RB out and reread the sections.

Koz
Koz
10-2
10-2

Postby Keith Collins » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:23 pm

I think the opposed beach landing theme is going to happen.

Denis and I have been e-mailing about the logistics of getting a Map for the G&T scenarios made (otherwise we'll have to use a rather unweildy set of overlays). The Gavuutu Tomobogo (sp?) scenarios seem to offer the most managable scenarios size wise but they are really rules dense, LC, OBA, Air Support, Caves, etc. But hey, the way you learn the rules is to jump right in. The G&T scenarios also offer Marines as the landing force, I paraphrase Denis from several years back "Yea, I'm really enjoying ASL. My ultimate goal is to get to the point rules wise where I can play USMC on a beach landing"

Other scenarios are up for discussion,

72 Bloody Red Beach strike anyone's fancy. It's quite long turn wise and big (3 boards).

Maybe the big scenario is just the thing if we are going to team play to learn rules. It's a format that worked back when we were first learning PTO and caves 3-4 years ago. We'll just have to accept we are not going to finish the scenario.

thoughts.
Comfortable with Chapters: A-G, J, O, P, & V
Will play ASLSK to teach new players
Will happily play anything ASL (IIFT preferred)
sig erratta (replace Chapt P above with Q)
Keith Collins
10-3
10-3

Next

Return to April 2010 Meet